6.25.2007

Prayer Points


"I pray that we will follow God's will, not our own. That we will be patient in waiting and fervent in service. Amen."

As Paul and I travel, please consider the following requests as you pray over the next several days:

TO BE LIKE CHRIST [Colossians 3:12-13]
'Put on then, as God's chosen ones, holy and beloved, compassion, kindness, humility, meekness, and patience, bearing with one another and, if one has a complaint against another, forgiving each other; as the Lord has forgiven you, so you also must forgive.'

FOR WISDOM [Proverbs 9:10-11]
'The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom, and the knowledge of the Holy One is insight. For by me your days will be multiplied, and years will be added to your life.'

FOR THE LOST [Romans 1:16-17]
'I am not ashamed of the Gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek. For in it the righteousness of God is revealed from faith for faith, as it is written, "The righteous shall live by faith".'

FOR THE ORPHANED [John 14:18, NIV]
'I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you.'


FOR PROTECTION [Psam 32:7]
'Your are my hiding place; you will protect me from trouble and surround me with songs of deliverance.'


FOR INCREASE IN QUALITIES [1 Peter 1:5-8]
'For this very reason [as partakers of the Divine Nature], make every effort to supplement your faith with virtue, and virtue with knowledge, and knowledge with self-control, and self-control with steadfastness, and steadfastness with godliness, and godliness with brotherly affection, and brotherly affection with love. For if these qualities are yours and are increasing, they keep you from being ineffective or unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.'

MERCY FOR THE WICKED [Isaiah 10:1a, 2, NASB]
'Woe to those who…deprive the needy of justice and rob the poor of My people of their rights, so that widows may be their spoil and that they may plunder the orphans.'

FOR GOD'S BLESSING UPON OUR WORK [Job 29:11-13, NASB]
'For when the ear heard, it called me blessed, and when the eye saw, it gave witness of me, because I delivered the poor who cried for help, and the orphan who had no helper. The blessing of the one ready to perish came upon me, and I made the widow's heart sing for joy.'

FOR THANKSGIVING [Ephesians 1:3-14]

Thank You.
Mike

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mike - an old (very old) friend here...you're doing good, good work and having many positive influences of which you're unware...keep it up, my friend.

- kandi sigona